Sunday, May 23, 2010

13 years...

13 years... I have been listening to Japanese pop for 13 years already. I was only Primary 5 when I was first to J-pop. The first song I get addicted was White Love-by SPEED.



SPEED was the most popular Girl-band in Japan in the 90's. I was influenced by my elder sister, because she kept on playing the videos of SPEED. The first original CD I bought was SPEED's 2nd album "RISE", it is considered expensive especially to a primary school student like me who had only RM2 of pocket money per school day. After that, I spent most of my pocket money to buy all of their CD. Just after 3 years, SPEED was disbanded. I even cried for their disband. Soon, they step into Solo career, and I still supporting each of them. Below is the CDs of SPEED I have and other singers like Ayumi, Koda Kumi, Boa, etc.



When the 10th anniversary as a fan still supporting them, they re-grouped! I was so excited to get to know that news. All of their fans were back too! We are now still active in their fan-built forum. SPEED had much influenced me till now, I still listen to J-pop from various Japanese singers.
    Recently, I found a very nice song from いきものがかり (ikimonokagari) and titled "YELL". It's Japan Juniour School's graduation theme song of 2009. The song is meaningful whereby it describe about the future of every graduant, they will still cherish the friendship even after graduation. There is a part of the lyrics I found it's meaningful which is " Goodbye is not a sad word, we still have the same dream "

The song performed by students on their graduation ceremony.



Performance by Ikimonokagari in Music Station Special Live 2009

0 comments: